To validate the hypothesis that ecommerce checkout users would adopt the new payment standard when presented alongside existing payment methods such as PayPal.
What We Did
- Defined hypotheses for user research
- Designed user research approach
- Defined survey questions and target audience
- Designed and developed functional checkout journey
- Ran A/B tests across different variations of payment methods in order to test propensity of customer adoption
- Iterated design of checkout journey to test conversion performance
- Collected survey results from 1000 respondents and validated against hypotheses
- Iterated on multiple designs to identify key drivers influencing new payment method adoption
- Gathered insights into key factors influencing new payment method adoption e.g. age, gender, income
- User research outputs fed into business case to integrate payment standard into client's existing ecommerce product.